Primary School PE and Sport Funding
The government have provided funding for the academic years 2020/21 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Sports Premium Funding
The government provided funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 2014/15 , 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/2019, 2019/2020 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is to continue into 2020/21. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Our aims at St Andrew’s Primary School
To enhance the PE curriculum so every child has the opportunity to develop as a whole and have increased self esteem. To help engage all children in sports activities and for them to reach their full potential. To link PE with PHSME and healthy bodies.
As our school grows it is important to ensure that all staff have the knowledge, skills and understanding to secure high quality provision. To use the funding to make sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sports we offer. To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
PE and sports funding allocation for 2020/2021= £20,000
PE and sports funding allocation
How funding will be spent 2020-2021
- Full time professional sports coach employed by the school
- Weekly staff development through team teaching with sports coaches.
- Extra staffing at lunchtimes
- Extra curricular clubs
- Healthy bodies days
- Sports enterprise weeks
- Sports coach to work with children across lunchtimes
- Physical Education sports coaches to work with children on a regular basis
- Staff training with professional coaches to work alongside staff during PE lessons
- Staff training Scarborough
- FA coaching training for staff
- Links with other schools for competitions
- Links with the community Hull FC /Hull City (professional clubs)
- Professional coaches to work with children during Dazzle sessions
- Gemma’s Gems Academy dance coach to work regularly with children to improve staff development and encourage boys dance
- Extra sports equipment to enhance PE sessions and extra curricular clubs
- Gifted and Talented provision with sports coach
- Special needs provision
- Money to cover PE co-ordinator and Healthy Bodies co-ordinator to monitor quality of PE lessons and assessment
- Links with parents on the school website to help with obesity/parent workshops
- Extend provision for residential trips
- Resources to enhance sports provision at lunchtimes
- Dazzle sports activities
- Encourage pupils to take on leadership roles that support sport
- Links Ennerdale Sports Centre with professional sports coaches from First Step Physical Education sports coaches to work with children on a regular basis
- Healthy eating and cooking sessions
- Residential cover for staff for sports trips/Raywell
- Support staff training to learn new skills and games when working with the children at lunchtimes
- Paint on playground, sports court and field to encourage and enhance team games
- Equipment for well being sports court.
- Pedestrian skills first steps
- PE cupboard storage updated
- New equipment
- Lunchtime equipment
- Extra curricular clubs to support healthy minds
- Well being mentors to support healthy minds
- Equipment for Raywell residential trips.