Pupil Premium Grant
At St. Andrew’s we are committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential, regardless of their background.
The Pupil Premium is an amount of money allocated by the Government to schools for:
- children of statutory school age from low income families who are known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM) and those who have been eligible within the last six years
- children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months
- children whose parents are currently working in the armed forces
Please click the link to download the Pupil Premium Report for 2019/2020(Planned Spending 2020/2021)
Download: Pupil Premium Report
Primary School PE and Sport Funding
The government have provided funding for the academic years 2020/21 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Please click the link to download the Sports Premium Report for 2020/2021
Download: Sports Premium Report
Swimming at St Andrew’s C of E Primary School
Swimming and water safety is an extremely important part of the PE curriculum at St Andrew’s C of E Primary School and another way of helping children to lead healthy and active lives.
Whilst in KS2, the pupils attend swimming lessons at Ennerdale Leisure Centre everyday for two weeks during the Autumn term.
Pupils are grouped according to their ability and are taught to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 Metres.
- Use a range of strokes effectively (for example, front crawl, backstroke and Breaststroke).
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
|Year Group||Number of children||Able to swim 25m prior to swimming >lessons||Able to swim 25m after swimming lessons||Use a range of strokes effectively||Perform safe self-rescue|
|6||79||0=0%||58=73%||47 = 59%||10 = 13%|
|Year Group||Number of children||Able to swim 25m prior to swimming lessons||Able to swim 25m after swimming lessons||Use a range of strokes effectively||Perform safe self-rescue|
|6||81||5= 6%||78=96%||48 = 59%||16 = 20%|