Long Term Plans
Please see the Long Term Plans for each year group.
Reception: LTP Reception
Year 1:LTP Y1
Year 2:LTP Y2
Year 3:LTP Y3
Year 4:LTP Y4
Year 5:LTP Y5
Year 6:LTP Y6
Here you can find our ‘Non-Negotiables’ – the basics children need to learn in each year group.
Naturally, they will work on them with their teachers, but here are the lists for your information and awareness, should you wish to work on them with your child(ren).
- Recognise numbers up to 6.
- Count to 10 and match accurately to 5.
- Name the shapes square, rectangle, circle and triangle.
- Write first name.
- Recognise letters s a t p i n d o g
- Form letters s a t p i n correctly.
- To hold a pair of scissors correctly and begin to cut.
- Begin to count beyond 10
- Begin to name some 3D shapes eg cube/ cone
- Begin to use shapes and objects to make and recreate patterns
- Hold a pencil with fingers and thumb
- Maths vocabulary—see new maths vocabulary grid
- Use a ruler to draw a straight line.
- Use scissors to cut on a straight line and round a shape.
- Write the short date.
- Write full name (First and last name)
- Know and say own address.
- To recite the days of the week and the months of the year.
- Tell the time (o’clock).
- Write/ use one digit per square in maths work.
- Phase 3 Phonic competent.
- Count reliably with numbers from 1 to 20.
- Write numbers from 0-9 with correct formation
- Recognise numbers 1-20 and place numbers in order
- Say which number is 1 more/ 1 less from a given number to 20
- Coins 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p
- Name common 2D and 3D shapes
- Sort objects in different ways eg size/ colour/ shape
- Know the name and sounds of the alphabet
- Form most lower case letters correctly
- Hold a pencil correctly and sit correctly when writing
- Read some common irregular words (See non-negotiable word lists)
- Maths vocabulary—see new maths vocabulary grid
- Form all capital letters and lower case letters correctly.
- To know and say the alphabet in and out of sequence.
- Begin a sentence with a capital letter and end with a full stop.
- Join sentences using and.
- Separate words with spaces.
- Read and spell Year 1 common exception words.
- To count and match reliably objects to at least 20 objects.
- Number bonds to 20
- Count in multiples of 2/5/10 from any number given (not just from 0)
- Double and halve to at least 10
- Know all coin and note values
- To know place value of TU numbers.
- Know the time to o’clock and half past and be able to draw the hands on a clock face
- Count to 100 forwards and backwards
- Read and write numbers to 100 in numerals
- Write sentences using a capital letter, full stop, question mark and exclamation mark.
- Use the past and present tense.
- Use coordinating and subordinating conjunctions to extend sentences.
- Identify a noun, verb, adverb and adjective in a sentence.
- Read and spell Year 2 common exception words.
- To form capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower case letters.
- To make an inference about a character.
- To know the 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, table.
- Know multiplication and division facts for 2/5/10 tables
- Add/ subtract mentally 2, 2 digit numbers
- Partition a 2 digit number into tens and units
- Double and halve to 20
- Tell the time to half past/ quarter to/past and draw the hands on a clock face
- Know odd and even numbers
- Find different combinations to make an amount of money
- Use speech marks (inverted commas) to punctuate speech.
- Use a/an correctly.
- Produce neat, joined handwriting of a consistent size.
- Write in clearly defined paragraphs.
- To make an inference from reading about a character or their feelings.
- Use a dictionary to check the meaning of words that they have read.
- To construct word family lists.
- Spell Y3 homophones and use them correctly in sentences.
- Spell Y3 statutory words.
- To know all times tables.
- Know multiplication and division facts for 3/4/8 tables
- Know place value of a 3 digit number
- Add and subtract 3 digit numbers using written methods
- To use decimal notation for money-pounds/pence.
- Tell time with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute on a clock face
- To make inferences from reading, giving a reason.
- Find and copy words which have a certain meaning in a text.
- Join handwriting in a neat and consistent size.
- Punctuate direct speech with inverted commas and other punctuation.
- Use commas for fronted adverbials.
- Use we were instead of I was.
- Spell Y4 homophones and use them correctly in sentences.
- Spell Y4 statutory words.
- Add and subtract 4 digit numbers
- To recall multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 x 12
- Multiply 2 and 3 digits by 1 digit number
- Recognise and write decimal equivalents using tenths hundredths
- Know decimal equivalents to 1/2 1/4 3/4
- Tell time accurately (analogue and digital and 24hr)
- Join handwriting in a neat, consistent style and size.
- To make inferences from reading with evidence.
- Find and copy words with a particular meaning or explain the meaning of words.
- Use commas to clarify meaning.
- Punctuate direct speech accurately.
- Spell Y5 homophones and use them correctly in sentences.
- Spell Y5 statutory words.
- Read, write, order and know the place value of numbers to 1 million
- To times and divide by 10, 100, 1000.
- Know equivalent fraction, decimals and percentages of 1/2 1/4 and any other fraction that has a denominator (bottom number) of 5/10/25
- Multiply 4 digit numbers by 1 or 2 digit and divide up to 4 digit numbers by a 1 digit number
- Measure angles with a protractor to the nearest 1 degree.
- Join handwriting neatly and to show a consistent size and style.
- To make inferences from reading justifying with evidence.
- Find and copy words/phrases with a particular meaning or explain the meaning of words/ a phrase.
- Know how to use a semi-colon, colon and dash in sentences.
- Spell and use Year 6 homophones in sentences.
- Spell Y6 homophones and use them correctly in sentences.
- Spell Y6 statutory words.
- Read, write, order and know the place value of numbers to 10 million
- Know value of decimals
- Multiply and divide 4 digit numbers by 2 digits
- Solve problems involving percentages eg 25% off an item
- To be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions
- Converting measures of weight/ length and volume.