At St Andrew’s C.E. Primary School, we aim to promote healthy, independent and responsible members of society. We encourage all pupils to play a role in contributing to school life and the wider community through the school POP (Pupil Opinion Party) and MOP (Mini Opinion Party) groups, fundraising events, supporting nominated charities and involvement in community activities.
We teach PSHE (Personal, Social, Health Education) in a variety of ways as a discrete subject, via assemblies and through other subjects such as RE, History, Geography, Literacy, Maths, Computing and Science as well as through outdoor educational visits, community work and activities.
The overarching aim for PSHE is to provide pupils with:
- Accurate and relevant knowledge
- Opportunities to turn that knowledge in to personal understanding
- Opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities.
- The skills and strategies they need in order to live healthy, safe fulfilling responsible and balanced lives.
Our PSHE curriculum follows guidelines as recommended by the PSHE Association:
- Health and well being
- Living in the wider world
Problem Solving in PSHE!
- I can discuss and consider different opinions and my own to solve problems.
- I can use effective communication skills to work as a valuable member of a team to problem solve.
- I can identify what is right or wrong in situations.
- I can work to a budget and explain reasons for purchases (Enterprise).
- I can investigate different scenarios and come up with reasons to support my ideas.