Through a variety of creative and practical activities, children are taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in the process of designing and making. Through exploration, performing practical tasks and evaluating, the pupils will gain necessary skills. These skills will help them to be successful in a technological world.
Pupils will be taught how to cook and the importance of a healthy diet. Cooking is an important life skill that enables the pupils to feed themselves and prepares them for life.
The pupils will work in a range of contexts and gain confidence in themselves. Pupil’s can be supported at home by being encouraged to develop their cooking skills. They also need to be encouraged to talk about healthy food and have an understanding of where food comes from.
Going For Gold!
To be Gold in DT:
- Choose tools and materials independently and give suitable/creative reasons.
- Critically review their own work and that of others.
- Design and create a purposeful product.
- Show an understanding of computing in their product.
- Show an understanding of cooking skills beyond his/her year group skills.
- I can investigate: drawing, collage, textiles, printing, collage, photography.
- I can experiment in ways of framing images.
- I can use tools and techniques.
- I can experiment with different materials to create an image.
- I can generate ideas for my work.
- I can combine colour, pattern, texture, line, tone, shade and shape to suit a purpose.
- I work out which visual information I need and combine this with other information.
- I can use research to create a piece of work.
- I can use mental calculations and problem solving to create a piece of work in Art or DT.
- I can plan, test, review and modify.
There is no planet B; Let us care and look after the precious animals that we share our world with.read more
Our fantastic Christmas cards which are helping to spread Christmas cheer across the community!read more
In Year 5 the children voted to go to John Bull Rock Factory and Bridlington beach for their Book of Numbers enterprise trip. The children were involved in organising each stage and also evaluated the visit afterwards. We had a great day!read more
Annual Year 6 Yule Log challengeread more
Here are just some of the fantastic examples of history homework from throughout the school.read more