Through a variety of creative and practical activities, children are taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in the process of designing and making. Through exploration, performing practical tasks and evaluating, the pupils will gain necessary skills. These skills will help them to be successful in a technological world.
Pupils will be taught how to cook and the importance of a healthy diet. Cooking is an important life skill that enables the pupils to feed themselves and prepares them for life.
The pupils will work in a range of contexts and gain confidence in themselves. Pupil’s can be supported at home by being encouraged to develop their cooking skills. They also need to be encouraged to talk about healthy food and have an understanding of where food comes from.
Going For Gold!
To be Gold in DT:
- Choose tools and materials independently and give suitable/creative reasons.
- Critically review their own work and that of others.
- Design and create a purposeful product.
- Show an understanding of computing in their product.
- Show an understanding of cooking skills beyond his/her year group skills.
- I can investigate: drawing, collage, textiles, printing, collage, photography.
- I can experiment in ways of framing images.
- I can use tools and techniques.
- I can experiment with different materials to create an image.
- I can generate ideas for my work.
- I can combine colour, pattern, texture, line, tone, shade and shape to suit a purpose.
- I work out which visual information I need and combine this with other information.
- I can use research to create a piece of work.
- I can use mental calculations and problem solving to create a piece of work in Art or DT.
- I can plan, test, review and modify.
Year 6 Annual Chocolate Log competition. Children and families working together to create masterpiece designs.read more
Our amazing Christmas cards!read more
Examples of reflection area and RE displays.read more
As part of the new curriculum, Year 2 have been developing their cooking skills.read more
Year 1 children created food faces to learn about healthy eating.read more
The children in Reception have been learning about their immediate environment. This homework has given them the opportunity to share with others their home environment and also human features that they all go to.read more
Healthy Bodies Science Dayread more
Biblical Art Day.
A day when art and Re were brought together in a creative way.
Year 6 Hull Key Ringsread more
This week, the children of St Andrew’s have created Christmas Cards to send to local care homes and charities to wish our local community a Merry Christmas!read more