As a church school we work closely with St Andrew’s Church and the local Diocesan team.
At the beginning of each new term the whole school participate in a short service at St Andrew’s Church, then throughout the year the Vicar and some of the Clergy team come along to the school and lead whole school worship from time to time.
Each term all year groups from Reception to Year 6 visit the church for a worship service on a Monday morning, the church wardens stay for these services.
As well as these services we invite St Andrew’s congregation along to any special Worship Times we have throughout the year eg the Easter Service, Remembrance, Christmas and St Andrew’s Day.
As a Voluntary Aided Church of England school, we aim:
- to provide a broad and differentiated curriculum, set within the ethos and principles of a Christian Education;
- to make the love of Jesus Christ evident for all who come within our walls;
- to enable our children to gain a real respect for themselves, for each other and for God’s world;
- to serve the community by providing an education pf the highest quality within the contact of Christian belief and practice;
- to promote children’s spiritual development and endeavour to foster an appreciation of Christian values through daily acts of worship and the way we conduct ourselves;
- to enable our children to fulfil their potential within a caring and Christian environment;
- to reflect the values and teachings of the Christian faith whilst respecting other cultures and beliefs;
- to maintain close links with St Andrew’s Church.