Our high quality art and design curriculum will motivate, engage and inspire the pupils. This will give them the skills and techniques to be creative with a wide range of tools and media.
An awareness of colour, shape, texture and proportion are developed alongside ideas and feelings. The study of a wide range of artist, craftspeople and designers provide the pupils with a knowledge that can be built upon. They are encouraged to express themselves and be confident in their work. Pupil’s can be supported at home by being encouraged to discuss the art around them. They need the opportunities to be creative with the family at home.
Going For Gold!
To be Gold in Art:
- Choose tools and materials independently and give suitable/creative reasons.
- Critically review their own work and that of others.
- Create 3d objects with intricate detail.
- Show pattern / texture/ shade when painting.
- Show a clear and concise understanding of the colour wheel.
- Draw at a level beyond his/her year group skills.
- I can investigate: drawing, collage, textiles, printing, collage, photography.
- I can experiment in ways of framing images.
- I can use tools and techniques.
- I can experiment with different materials to create an image.
- I can generate ideas for my work.
- I can combine colour, pattern, texture, line, tone, shade and shape to suit a purpose.
- I work out which visual information I need and combine this with other information.
- I can use research to create a piece of work.
- I can use mental calculations and problem solving to create a piece of work in Art or DT.
- I can plan, test, review and modify.
Our fantastic Christmas cards which are helping to spread Christmas cheer across the community!read more
Annual Year 6 Yule Log challengeread more
Here are just some of the fantastic examples of history homework from throughout the school.read more
St Andrew’s Family Art Gallery…Wow!read more
Wow! As always, we have had an incredible selection of Easter eggs created by the children and their families.read more
Reception have been talking about people that are special.read more
The children used wooden blocks, shapes, natural materials and pastels to create representations of houses and homes.read more
Our amazing Christmas cards!read more